Banana Plants provide wonderful foliage as house plants. In most cases, it is the Dwarf varieties that are best suited to being grown indoors, such as this Musa acuminata Super Dwarf Cavendish.
- Musa Tropicana grow best in bright, indirect light, but will tolerate partial shade and some direct sun. Too much sun will cause the leaves to fold.
- These are thirsty plants, so you will need to water regularly. Water when the top 4-5cm of the soil has become slightly dry.
- The Super Dwarf Cavendish prefers average to warm temperatures from 18-27°C but can cope with as low as 10°C. Avoid cold draughts.
- Increased humidity levels are preferred. Mist frequently. Dry conditions will damage the delicate leaves. These plants do best in a warm, steamy kitchen or bathroom.
- Apply a balanced fertiliser every few weeks during the growing season.
- The Tropicana Banana Plant filters airborne toxins and is part of our clean air plant collection.