- Ideal required temperature is around 60°f / 15.5°c – 75°f / 24°c. Winter no less than 50°f / 10°c.
- Portulacaria loves plenty of light. Provide a few hours of morning or evening sunshine everyday to have a happy plant.
- Allow top layer of soil to become dry between each watering. use well drained soil media.
- Use heavy pot for Re-pot (spring – summer) when the plant becomes root bound or the soil needs renewing.
- Feed each month with a weak or diluted liquid fertilizer.
- They survive well in quite humid conditions naturally, Succulents like water misting.
Portulacaria or Elephant Bush 20-25cm
Elephant Bush or Portulacaria afra
Portulacaria afra known as Elephant Bush, many-branched, succulent shrub with a thick, fleshy stem and elliptic, glossy, mid-green leaves, sometimes red-margined, 2-4cm long. Bears star-shaped, white to pale pink flowers, to 8mm across, in autumn. Height 2m or more, Spread 1m or more. Native of South Africa.
It is easily grown as a seasonal accent plant or low maintenance houseplant in our part of the world. Also sometimes called elephant food or elephant plant; dwarf jade, miniature jade or small leaf jade (but not related to jade plant,Crassula ovata); porkbush; or spekboom (in Afrikaans) or other common names in Africa, it is found on rocky outcrops and slopes from the Little Karoo in the Western Cape to the Eastern Cape northwards into KwaZulu-Natal, Swaziland, Mpumalanga and the Limpopo Province and further north into Mozambique.
- Healthy plant in its pot with premium soil
- Free delivery on orders over AED 500.00, most plants arrive within a week
- All the tips and tricks for expert-level care
- Safe arrival guaranteed
Reasons to buy from GREEN SOUQ UAE
- Guaranteed quality
- Careful handling
- On time delivery
- Support 24/7
- Telephone support
- Live chat support
- Trained staff
If you have questions or feedback about an order or plant care here’s how to contact:
- Facebook page:
- Leave a message at:
- Email : [email protected]
- Phone: (+971) 05 851 21105